Monday, July 12, 2010

Filling myself up


I want to grow, so I will expand. I want to transform, as my body takes on the shape of yoga postures that fill me with light. I am stressed at times, by my new lot in life. I work long hours, in a giving profession, where I give much of my energy to those in need. I struggled last week as I yearned for my kids and the time that I used to have with them. Yoga class for me is a rarity and a fortune when I am able to break away and take a class to fill my soul up. So, instead of crying about it, I am studying, with increased vigor, the genius of many revered yoga masters. This is how I will fill myself up. Reminding myself that life unfolds naturally, and with the right intention, I can also feel connected to a purpose that is uniquely mine. As I fold deeply into my legs, I extend my trunk, my heart reaches up to my mind, opening the deep well of love and wisdom where God silently sits. I long for this time, this time of silence with God. Creating silence within, I can mold into my daily chore of working, and feel the energy that I need to transmit to the residents at WellSpring. I also want to be receptive to whatever comes up, and first ask of my heart, the correct path. This is the beauty of yoga, the inner listening, that creates outer glistening!

No comments:

Post a Comment