Tuesday, July 13, 2010

setting my intention


If my intention is to laugh more, then I most certainly will be more apt to look at the bright side of life. If my intention is to practice more yoga, then more than likely I will try to carve out more time to practice. Setting an intention is a good practice. The term "practice" means we keep trying, keep at it. Our intentions will fade, our intentions may change. Sometimes they may fail. If I continue to be mindful of what I am intending to do, I will live a more inspired and purposeful life. I know this sounds silly, but I am longing to see a turtle in my yard or driveway. So, I am intending to pray and hoping to find one! I am also intending to spend time doing fun and free activities with the kids after work, even though I am tired. I need to be with them, and see their little bodies growing and running with ease. During my yoga practice this morning, I breathed into my body, feeling every inch of my legs that were screaming at me. As I breathed into my tight spots, I looked up, and saw the sun peek through the cover of morning gray clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment