Saturday, March 12, 2011

breathing in this life


Where are our minds, 99 percent of the time? Stuck somewhere in the past or future, most likely. I was in the shower this morning, thinking about all I wanted and needed to accomplish. My shoulders and neck felt tight, I was slumping, and caught up in everything but the feeling of the warm water on my body. Suddenly, I became aware and man my shower felt good! I reminded myself to stay in the moment, right here, right now. I was presently in the shower, nowhere else. I became aware of how easy it is to get lost in the push and shove of minds. Our bodies love the attention it gets. I worked on my mountain pose, in front of the mirror, and became tall again. I worked on deepening my spine into my body during uttanasana, and padangustasana. Breathing deeply into my body, I was at peace with all I was doing, at the pace that was naturally unfolding. Breathing is automatic. Breathing mindfully takes presence and discipline. Breathing in, I know this is a wonderful moment. Exhaling, I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment