Tuesday, April 20, 2010

yoga inside looking out


Being in the outdoors and practicing yoga is a great experience. The birds seem to sing a tune to your beating heart, the wind blows just at the right time, and sometimes, if your lucky, the sun shines on your back, and not in your eyes, warming you with it's gentle kiss of heat. Today, as I stepped onto my mat layed out on the grass in college park, I began by meditating. First I closed my eyes, but then I opened them and noticed the twisting trunks of trees, wide landscapes of color from the river rocks in the stream. As I observed nature, many things occurred in a matter a few moments. 2 little birds starting argueing and wrestling with eachother in the trees...it was quite dramatic! 3 youngsters (in their teens) showed up and were hanging out, talking and laughing with eachother. 2 boys began to play basketball. This all within 15 -20 feet from me. I continued my practice, lunges, warrior, triangle, wide legged forward bend, and so on. As I breathed in the spring air, the energy from the teens, the bouncing ball and basket with the metal net, The birds, the wind, the spikey grass, I felt alive with a sense of purpose and presence. As I wrapped up my practice, rolled up my mat, I looked into the sky, gave thanks for another day to practice, to being alive and in the world, and the journey that is my life. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment