Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Constructive Rest


I felt better today as I went along with my usual activities. I went to the gym to burn some energy on the elliptical- and my hip pain is improving. So, after a VERY busy day I was trying to imagine practicing yoga too. After I fixed dinner, cleaned all the dishes, finished helping the kids with homework, picked up, sorted some laundry, made a few phone calls to the insurance company, checked my bank acct, fed and walked the dog, made lunches for the all 3 boys, I laid my body down, and did what any young mother would do...I just laid there. Flat on the floor, knees bent, hand on my stomach. It was AMAZING! I began to focus on my breath, and soon, I began to feel all the tension in my neck, back and shoulders. As I continued to breathe, this tension slowly melted away. Constructive rest, indeed!
1. Constructive rest -10 minutes with breath awareness

PS- Please comment in the comment section if you want to. I am working on getting a link sent to your email when I post. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. A mother's work seems never done
    As the cycle from before has again begun.
    Maternal instinct needs the rest
    When the chicks temporarily
    Fly from her loving nest;
    Which leaves mum momentarily
    Time to yoga and to breathe
    For her aches and pain to leave.

    I did yoga once and really enjoyed it. I like to stretch before a workout. Thank you. Take care. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great writing! I love it. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete