Sunday, January 17, 2010

Holding in the laughter


I squeezed in a short yoga practice today. My mind felt scattered, and it seemed to keep shifting off my body and breath, and to all the things I wanted to accomplish today. I kept bringing my mind back to my body, and accepted that today, I was simply, scattered. I brought the boys to church, while Matt had a household project to do. During church, Jonah rolled up his bulletin, and during one of the songs let out a loud "alleluia" through the rolled up "trumpet". The music ended and all you could hear for a split second was my little choir boy Jonah. Of course a few people snickered here and there, but Eli and Jonah were ready to bust, just waiting for the loud organ to start so they could let out a little laughter. It reminded me of when I was little, sitting through church with my siblings, and finding all kinds of things to laugh at to help make the time pass. We weathered my Mother's sharp glances when we laughed or smirked. Today, I smiled at my boys, told them to be quiet, but showed them my smile, because it really was, quite funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment