Friday, January 8, 2010

yoga on ice

Ok, I missed one day, because it was my birthday yesterday! I still walked the path of a yogi, in fact, I am a yogi. Today...I practiced a few poses for fun on the frozen pond by our house...pictures to follow. What a beautiful sight to see all 3 boys sliding and crawling on the ice, and then my husband.starts to jump on it, just willing to make the ice crack! He is so young at heart, that is what I love about him, spontaneous and wondrous is he. The wind was blowing, the smiles were flowing, my feet were freezing, and our hearts were warm. The dogs were jumping and thrashing about, licking the cold ice, and pawing at the edges to lick the ice cold water below. A large water tunnel layed ahead of us, and the kids wanted to run through it. I could see the other side, so all 3 boys ran under the street, excited by the thrill of a black hole tunnel to run through. How fun it would be to have the heart of a child again. At what point does our heart change, or does it change at all? When do we suddenly lose the inspiration to run through tunnels, to get wet in the ocean, to get sandy, to run wild late in the night with only a t-shirt on? I suppose I would would be willing to go through the tunnel, but maybe it's the knowing what is on the other side that keeps me from going through. Or maybe it's the excuse.."I'll have to stoop over and it'll hurt my back", that keeps me from doing it. I did go sliding on the ice, I didn't lick it, but I attempted to do a running a slide! I think that's pretty cool! I'm a mom of 3 boys. I must not lose my child heart. I must remember to be a child, just like my children. If I look into their eyes, and listen intently to their stories they can teach me so much. It is in this awareness, in this mutual receptivity towards each other, that we both begin to grow, as parent and child, together, blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment