Monday, January 25, 2010

Listening to the trees


Well, the final member of the Yonaitis family got the wicked stomach bug, and started our week with a bang. Queasy stomachs abound, every time I turn around, my hands feel bound, on my face I feel a frown, I getta get outta town, away, from this stomach bug! I snuck yoga in twice today. It was incredibly windy, so I was outside getting some fresh air, and found a lovely place to sit, criss cross applesauce, and let the sun shine on my face while I breathed and meditated. I felt a little sad, missing my husband Matt, as he seems to be away so much of the time. I don't want this to turn into a boo-hoo party, because I wasn't crying, okay? Then I went home, and boys just lounged around and I did yoga on the deck with Sammy on the rope swing. I begin teaching tomorrow, and am really excited to see all my yoga friends, and to see what comes out during my teaching. I will try to see if I can summon Iyengar to give proper instruction on alignment, and how we, while working with the body, help to discover our souls, the spirit voice inside of us that leads the way on this path of life. I realized as we are walking our path, if we seek out to live a more positive, aware, and constructive life, we will never be short of challenges. We can call them adventures if we want, as long as we continue to live responsibly, working toward being committed to being true to ourselves. Which gets me back to the title of this entry. I feel God in the wind and the trees. As I sat, stood, balanced, twisted, and layed on my mat this afternoon, I felt their language loud and clear. I encourage you to sit by a tree, meditate, practice asana, or simply just listen. Powerful, powerful stuff. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment