Sunday, January 31, 2010

A new member of the Family


Hello! I have missed so much blogging and documenting. Our computer crashed, and we also adopted a rescued German Shepherd from Georgia. His name is Kaiser, and he is big, beautiful, and getting used to the family of Yonaitis. I have practiced quite a bit of yoga lately, and have enjoyed the dogs reaction to my stretching out on my mat. They sniff and snort, stretch and groan, just like we do. It also seems to make them happy. As I spent this busy weekend with our new dog, I also reflected on my life, especially my feelings of Matt being away so much. How can I change this? I ask of myself. I can't. Through our many conversations about "the meaning of life", I have to trust that Matt is walking his path. He knows we need him home. He knows it can be a load to be at home raising a family without his presence much of the time. It must be a load for him, being gone and in hotel rooms, missing basketball games, Sammy's crazy antics, dinnertime together. So, how does this and yoga relate? Yoga helps me to process my feelings. It helps me to connect with my spirit, to feel God's voice humming inside me. It helps me to be real. It helps me to not be afraid of my feelings. It helps my body release the toxicity of stress and channel it in a positive way. Yes, this blog is indeed about my feelings, my life, but yoga is my life, and I hope I am relating the two well. Thank you for reading, for taking the time to be a part of my life. I love your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment