Monday, February 1, 2010

snow is good


SNOW DAY! I recall very few of those growing up in Wisconsin. When, not If it did indeed snow, we always had school, unless there was more than a foot, or the windchill was below -50. I kid you not, one day the windchill was -77 below zero. (is that a double negative?) I was instructed by the weatherman to NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE, SERIOUS DAMAGE WILL OCCUR! But I did leave my house, dressed in a full snowsuit, face mask, etc. My eyelashes froze. The sound was deafening. I walked a mile just to experience this rare feat of nature. Stupid? or free? You choose. SNOW DAY was fun! I had to insert yoga poses throughout my day as the kids and dogs were constantly in and out. DOG pose was the big winner with lots of sun salutations, and reclined hero pose with a Kaiser dog head (imagine a watermelon with brown eyes and perky ears). It felt good to stretch. My hip has been sore from all the sledding and tromping in the snow. I am ready for bed. I wish that you are well, and that, in the wee, dark hours of the night, as you sleep, you catch the deepest form of sleep, so that as you awake, your body is refreshed, mind alert, and heart ready to feel fully whatever the day will bring. Love ME

No comments:

Post a Comment