Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little bit, goes a long way


How much yoga helps us improve? A 2 hour session twice a week? A class here and there, and a few stretches in between? I say all of it! I know that when I start my morning, cup of joe in hand, dogs present, mat waiting, body stretching, mind opening, heart expanding, buttocks blossoming...I feel a heck of a lot better than if I don't practice. I do not get caught up in the fact that I cannot commit 2 hous a day to my practice. I am thankful and feel grand if I commit 15 minutes a day. The practice is, just that. A practice. The more we practice, the more we improve. 15 minutes at a time. Here is a 15 minute practice to try. Be happy with what you can do, and expand on that. Inhaling, I breathe into the present moment, exhale, I smile.

seated meditation-2 minutes with breath awareness
downward facing dog-2-3 minutes (with alternating knee bends)
down dog to lunge each side
lunge to crescent moon
standing forward bend with elbows crossed
standing forward bend splits
mountain- take a large sip of coffee here, and gaze out at the rising sun, reflect on your blessings
tree
triangle
warrior 2
warrior 1
seated twist
bound angle with foot massage (aaaah)
seated meditation
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment