Monday, January 3, 2011

a new year


A new Year begins. I am struck by the energy feeling the new year brings. It is interesting to reflect on the past year, the joys and hardships experienced. It also leads us to resolve to do things a bit differently. I try to set "New Years Intentions". As I begin a new year, I am striving to be more kind, to others, and myself. I am intending to save my money, in hopes of finishing off my yoga space. I am intending to do more hand stands, shoulder stands and head stands. I am intending to meditate in the morning as much as I can. I am intending to help out at a homeless shelter. Mindful of this in meditation, it slowly becomes more habitual, to engrain these intentions into our consciousness. As we get our minds and hearts set for the day, may we take even the smallest moment of time, to remind ourselves of the bigger picture, the matters that mean the most to our spiritual growth. We can often get hung up on our to-do list, but we need to ask ourselves when this list stresses us out, who made this list anyway? Is our to-do list getting in the way of our new years intentions?

No comments:

Post a Comment