Wednesday, February 17, 2010

finding the path


I cannot believe how difficult it has been lately to do my blog. I want to write meaningful, creative entries, that are inspiring and uplifting, as well as reflective of the life of a yogi. That would be me. I certainly have my moments when I am not present, I yell at my kids, and all I see is the hardship before me instead of the beauty around me. For this sometimes I feel guilty, as I often say to myself that I should be calm, collected, and be more how my mind sees fit that I behave. I guess you could call this self awareness, which is good, to a degree. But I am human, and I a have so much to learn and mountains to grow. Yesterday morning I awoke rather easily and as I sat drinking my coffee, i looked at my mat stretched out in the sunroom floor, beckoning me in the morning silence. "You can't do it" my mind said to my body. "Just do it" my body whispered. "You are to tired and soon the kids will need to be awakened and the morning routine will be underway" said my mind. My eyes darted back and forth, from mat, to couch to mat and then couch. Hmmm, 6:10. I walked over to my mat and said "OK body, you win. 20 minutes in and I felt as if I could spend another hour with the morning, the birds on the feeder, my body revealing to me it's imbalances, and my mind's deepest thoughts, and emotions that lie in my heart. I rested for a few minutes in Savasana, and went on with my morning. I felt good, happy. The idea of a regular yoga practice is that by taking it on, we slowly begin to become more present in our life, and acheive more than was ever possible before, by being present. So it works, it really does!

No comments:

Post a Comment