Friday, February 12, 2010

a crack in the shield

I can't believe it has been almost 5 days since I've posted. I have been doing lots of yoga...mostly stretches, and breathing, and asking God to show me the light, show me the path, and I'll gladly follow. Kaiser, the big German Shepherd we adopted, had to go back home to his foster Mom. We were not the right home for him. Many reasons for his departure exist, and yet, in my soul, I know he will be happier in a home with no kids, and with someone who can be with him a lot. One thing Kaiser brought to our family was perspective. Perspective on where exactly we were heading as a family. It is strange to say, but oddly enough, he helped us realize what the next step was for us to progress to the next level. I am fairly certain his role was to bring Matt and I closer to a resolution of vocational nature. Matt is looking seriously for a job close to home, and I will continue as an OTA at Carriage House, with a renewed sense of purpose. As I look in my patients eyes, I am touched by the fact that I can sing, dance, and play with them every day, with potential to change the vibration and tone of the caregivers that are involved with these spirits trapped in bodies and brains that are slowly wasting away. I am also jamming to the fact that I am again teaching yoga to awesome students, and practicing yoga with vigor, curiosity, and purpose. Struggling is never easy to admit, but maybe it is our resistance to the struggle that prevents us from seeing our path. It is never easy to admit struggling, because it may seem as if one is weak. But maybe, in our acceptance of this struggle, a crack in our shield around our heart opens doors to friends who offer support and helps to expand our consciousness to see things in a different light. I realized that despite how much I am struggling with all my responsibilities, I am blessed to have many friends who care for me and support me, as well as a loving family that keeps me wrapped in their arms of love and listening ears. I am hopeful that Matt will soon return home to his family, but more importantly, he will return to himself, and find his purpose, his place back in our lives, the boys lives. We need him so. Right below this post is a box, with a video, it is hard to notice, but it's there. Push play and catch my drift!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment