Friday, January 15, 2010

Body Love


Last night as I was reading to my boys, I couldn't help but notice my "buddha belly" hanging out in a nice round rim around my waist. I have to say I really do not like this area of my body. It seems impetuous, this body of fat, holding a moat conference around my waist. So instead of squeezing or pinching the hell out of it in disgust, I began to rub it, saying out loud to Jonah (7) and Samuel (3) "Look at Mom's cute little belly, oh, it is so soft, oh, how good it feels to rub it!" and I began rubbing it, and they did too! And then a fight broke out about who got to rub Mom's belly fat that she really can't stand, but changed her perception of it, for that moment in time. For the first time, I really did like my belly fat! Now, I am not condoning obesity, but let's all take a moment to look at our bodies, and instead of hating what we wish looked different, loving and accepting our bodies as they are. When I woke up this morning, I rubbed my empty belly, and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment