Thursday, January 28, 2010

I love Yoga


Teaching my first class after a year and a half, and 7 months post hip surgery was, in one word...awesome! I wasn't nervous at all, although a few days prior to teaching I thought maybe I'd lost my knack. My faith in myself was restored when 13 shining faces greeted me with smiles and receptivity just flowing through their hearts. I felt like I had returned home, to a place that not only challenges me to grow, but connects me to so many wonderful people, who have come to let me teach them the art of yoga. As I head in this direction again, I am reminded that I am so blessed, to have found something that I am so passionate about, an outlet for me to express myself creatively, expand my body and mind, and learn to be more compassionate to others too. I am going to set some goals, asana wise, for myself, and will document the experience I have in attempting to reach these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment