Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seeing the light in others

I am currently working on seeing the "light" in people that are difficult for me to love. How about the woman, handing out medicines, with a far away look in her eyes, occasionally gruff, not focused on who she is giving medicine to. For a few moments today, I stood in a point in the room, and just zoned in on her energy. Not judging, not criticizing, just open, and receptive to what she was feeling at that very moment. I let go of any prior thoughts or knowledge I had of her. After a few minutes went by, I saw a softness in her eyes, and observed her to be gentle with a person in need of a some tenderness. For one moment I saw her light shine! Smiling on the inside, which manifests into a wider smile and brightness on the outside, I went on my way of engaging people in their different occupational therapy tasks. Again I ask, "Is this yoga?" You tell me.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful practice. Not only does it bring forth the opportunity to see the light in others; it slows things down a bit and brightens our own light.

    ReplyDelete