Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Morning Blues


Sometimes we all feel sad. I had the Monday morning blues today. A friend died last week, and as the reality continues to sink in, I reflect on how life will be forever changed for his wife and 2 kids. Death is permanent. Life goes on. We celebrate life with birthdays, and grieve the passing of those that have touched our lives. As I rose this morning, I breathed in the sticky morning air still lingering with a slight coolness from the moonshine of the night. My heart heavy, I still moved through the sun salutations, and soon my breath came alive, and I opened into my body. I could feel the tension, the sadness, the anxiety, the guilt, the pressure, the loneliness, the reluctance, the negativity. Although I was tuned into the birds singing, I couldn't relate today to their songs. I was happy to hear them sing, but they didn't lift me from my fog like usual. I continued through my practice, pausing at he end to meditate. Silence. 3 or 4 hours later I was feeling more myself, halfway through my day, giving therapy and hope to those patients that are at times...hopeless. I realized that our emotions, as complicated and troubling as they are, are temporary, and pass, like the clouds on a Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment