Monday, June 21, 2010

so much noise



Noise surrounds us. Within the confines of our mind, there is an endless chatter, a dialogue if you will, of our mind giving a commentary about what unfolds before us. Lately, my mind is telling me that I am not committed enough, I am not disciplined enough, I am not organized, I am an air brain, that my belly is fat, and so on. So tonight, tired and weary, but knowing the kids have at least until 9 until bed time, I laid my body down and tried to just breathe. I was making good progress, noting the tightness in my abdomen, when this crazy sound came from the computer room. The boys. Sponge Bob also chimed in along with the doofus' that he pals around with. Maggie's belly leaned over my face while I was inhaling deep. Nice. So I then went outside. I can stand the outside noises. In fact, I LOVE them. The frogs were chirping. The scent of gardenias captivating my nostrils, filling my lungs with their sweet incense. I was dizzy. I was lost in a dark space full of light. My mind was expanding, I was feeling more clarity, I was loosening my grip, I was simply on my way to just "being". But just for a moment. My naked boy came out..."MOMMMMMMMM, can you scoop out my ice cream?" "I'm meditating" was my reply. "pleazzzzze?" "Put on some shorts". I took about 6 or 7 more breaths in, noting the sweetness of the air, the rustle of the leaves. It reminded me that my number one job is scooping ice cream, cleaning scrapes, wiping noses, giving hugs, and tucking in the sweet boys that I am blessed to call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment