Tuesday, August 31, 2010

opening into fullness


the other day I dedicated 90 minutes to an in depth practice. I decided on back bends. I was feeling a little wound up, a little cluttered, and thought some back bending could open my heart, provide a little clarity. It did. My favorite place to practice is my front porch, and the morning was cool, and the boys were at football practice. Chimes ring at just the right time, often moving with the rhythm of my breath. I set the intention that I would feel the energy of the pose, for each and every pose, and allow my breath to guide me into the "when" I had to move onto the next pose. Sometimes we get into habits. We stay on a pose for 5-6 breaths, and move on to the next pose. This time, I allowed my breath to rule, and it was like observing a beautiful sunrise exploding from within. As I tuned into my body, I would observe the line of energy expanding from my core, out into my limbs. It was amazing to know that our bodies are capable of so much, and how beautiful the practice of yoga is. As I continue on my journey of teaching and being a student of yoga, I never fail to keep asking questions to God, and myself. This practice, this art, inspires me, grounds me, and brings me closer to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment