Tuesday, February 8, 2011

5 days and counting


I have practiced now 5 days in a row! My Teacher says that the more asana you do, the more the body craves it. I believe this to be true! I feel stronger, taller, more in touch with feeling. I am practicing new things, new concepts, exploring and discovering places in my body that need increased attention. I did a 6 breath headstand without support! I folded completely into a pretzel and felt my low back round to the fullest. I crackled. I passed gas. (Not entirely unusual). I reflected on my life. I connected to my spirit, my breath. Now I am asking how I can reach out and spread this energy to all my students, and friends. How can I communicate, and teach this beautiful and transformative practice? How do I balance all the aspects of my life, and keep God and family at the center? Yoga is God's voice, leading me on my path. Emerson said to "blaze a trail..." . Alright, give me a pruners, a loppers, and some rare and unique seeds. I will plant and prune, water the seeds with awareness, nurture my growth with humility, and share my love of yoga with those who come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment