Sunday, February 13, 2011

Headstand


A goal of mine is to perform a headstand, and be able to hold it, with proper alignment for around 12 breaths. I realize that, with any goal, I must practice, commit time to perfect this difficult pose. So, this week, I have practiced 3 times! Each time I have increased my time spent in the pose. Yesterday, I was in it a full 6 breaths until I needed to come down. Shoulderstand must also be addressed, as with classical yoga I am supposed to perform shoulderstand before learning headstand. So that practice is coming too. I am again facing a choice. A choice to practice, or sleep in. Life is very much a choice, don't you think? A choice to focus on negative things, or focus on the positive. We can choose because we have "intelligence". The awareness that there is a choice is liberating. It can also free us and help us to ask ourselves why we are "choosing" to behave in a certain matter, or feel a certain way. We absolutely have a choice. I prayed today that God would give me the strength and resolve to take one day at a time, to help me with balancing all my responsibilities, and to give me a push out of bed to practice yoga at 5:30. Wouldn't it be great if God's hand could literally pull me out of bed? Maybe that would do it! Just the thought of it kinda wakes me up right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment