Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Beautiful Day


Last night as I went to sleep, I prayed that I would be able to have a "long" practice in the morning, my favorite time to practice. We went to bed early, and I awoke at sunrise, with the light beginning to shine dimly through the windows, and through the trees like pillars in my front yard. After I lazily sipped 2 strong cups of coffee (my favorite vice, crutch, attachment, addiction, whatever you want to call it), I practiced for a full hour! I sweated my ass off, I must say too. I did 5 rounds of sun salutations, inserting warrior 1 and lunges with a twist. I did a full range of the standing poses and felt the juice warming my back, which was hurting this morning as I am constantly reminded that I am not getting any younger. Last night I played Eli in 2 games of "one on one" basketball and football with Jonah in the back. "Run Mom!" Jonah yells, and it is a sad and funny thing to watch me try to run as I lumber along the field, not even one ounce of the track and field superstar I used to be. I take that back, maybe there is one ounce of memories from my past, but hey, I am trying my damnedest to be living in the present. Call in the gimp. So, my back was getting twisted and deliciously worked out. After a lovely savasana with the kids eating their breakfast, we rushed off to a basketball game at 9am. It set the tone for the day, having this one hour to dedicate to my body, my mind, and my spirit. As I moved through my day, I felt full, taller, stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment