Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Follow the breath


Where did my body and breath take me today? I followed my breath as I arched and rounded my back during cat and cow poses. My sacrum was feeling out of place, and it hurt! I focused intently on my lumbar area, and soon realized how to contract all my little deep core muscles in the basin of the pelvis. I intuitively did lots of core work (maybe 10-12 minutes) Of leg lifts and trunk rotations, really concentrating on keeping my back pain free, and aligned. I also did a lot of upper body strengthening...handstand preps, dog, forearm balance preps. As challenging as this was, my breath came alive and took me into a place deep within the well of my soul. How glorious to have visited this place within myself, this "god space" our spirit, the light of wisdom and grace. Flowing freely with it, even for that single second, I caught a glimpse of beauty, a voice that guides our practice, guides our intentions in life. I intend to be a Great MOM, although I can fall short of that at times. I intend to be an understanding and supportive wife, although I can get bitchy sometimes :). I intend to be a good friend who is genuine and dependable, I intend to be a better therapist to my patients at the "crib" at Carriage House. What are your intentions? Listen in the quiet space of your heart, Hear your heart beat, feel the rhythm of your soul calling your name. Sometimes it's jazz, sometimes the blues...other times it's plain old funky! Listen, and we shall be guided and held, by a gracious and loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment