Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gratitude


Today I am thankful for so much. My friends who have showed an undying support for me on my yoga journey. I am thankful for my body, even with my "rare and extremely unusual hips" that my surgeon said were "extremely flexible, with potential for instability due to the way my hip socket is formed". He said I was "one in a million" (in terms of my hips) and that made me feel kind of good, I am slightly embarrassed to say. I am grateful for my family who is always there. I am thankful for God who is always there. I am thankful for warm, fuzzy micro-fleece sheets and a down comforter to snuggle in. Long looks with Samuel on the couch, staring deep into each others eyes, not needing to say anything, but simply "being" with each other. I am thankful for the things my kids say, the way their bodies move, so fast, and non-deliberate, free, and wild, like the bright spirit children they are. I am thankful I have a job, and that I am helping others by doing my job. I am thankful I have a home and a husband whom I can call my friend and be myself with. I could go on, but now I am thankful it is bedtime, and although my children are still awake (they had to watch american idol with me), I am thankful for their presence in my life, and that tomorrow will bring a newness, something fresh, as long as I choose to look at it that way. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment