Monday, May 31, 2010

Reclined Mountain


Today, as I laid my body down, and practiced yoga, I tried to feel the length of my spine, from top of head to bottom of my feet. I breathed and made slight adjustments, from the inside out. I was searching for my plumb line, feeling all the curves in my spine. I moved throughout my practice, with this theme in mind. As I balanced in half moon, I worked my outer hip away from my spine as I contracted gluteus medius maximally multiple minutes. Ha ha. I knew I was beginning to bore you. The point is, although my entries have been few this week, it is not for lack of practice. I have been taking more and more time for this beautiful practice. It helps me to see more clearly, to feel more deeply, and to stretch and communicate with my body and spirit. I shared a moment this morning with 2 birds. They flitted up to the porch, where I sat drinking my coffee, staring out into the morn. They simply were looking for food. One bird sat on the edge of the railing, the other skipping around, looking at her friend. I waited until they flew away, and then got up, and readied myself for work. A new day, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment