Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Morning Clouds


As I arose this morning, I wobbled out of bed and creaked my joints to the coffee pot. Pushing "ON" I wobbled back to bed. I laid there for a minute and my spirit said "Cathy, get up and do yoga, you'll feel better." So, I creaked my ankles back to the smooth wood floor, eyes heavy and sleepy, poured a cup of joe, and wandered outside to my mat on the porch. I figured I would do sun salutes. So I did, 3 rounds, Boy was I tired. The first round I couldn't remember which leg I did first, then I just carried on with the movement, noticing how I was breathing. As my body began to wake up, I started to feel strong again, and felt more ready to face the day. Peering through the trees with the sun rising, I perched my self in tree pose, and worked all the bones of my standing leg foot, and spread wide my toes. My bent leg, snuggled tenderly into my thigh. Spine lifted as my tailbone reached for the earth. Expansion. As the sun rose, I slowly did too, spine, heart, and soul. Ending in a short savasana, Jonah came tumbling outside complaining of his knee hurting. I held him tenderly, aware of his just 7 years, and how big he is growing. I simply hugged him and told him I was sorry his knee hurt. We hugged, and then moved on with our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment