Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's been awhile...



Looking up at the clouds while lying down on my mat today I felt exhausted. In fact, when I awoke this morning I felt exhausted. I had some weird thing going on with my eyes, I have been at baseball for the better part of the weekend, and I even ran the concession stand for three and a half hours on Saturday! I told myself to give out a compliment to as many people as I could who placed their orders with me. It was fun, and challenging at times too. Sammy had a ball..like a kid in a candy shack, eyes like rainbow blow-pops he was mesmerized by all the choices of high fructose corn syrup, processed corn, and ice cold drinks to choose from. After baseball we put in a 12 plants in a bed we created a week ago. We then hosted a few baseball parents and kids for an informal cookout. Not to mention the previous night (at baseball) a dear friend showed up to watch the game (surprised us) and within 3 minutes her son had slashed his wrist on a rusty fence, and had to be rushed to urgent care! He is fine, had to get 9 stitches...all this in a weekend! So, my body tired, eyes tired, feet droopy, I laid down and felt what my body needed. Meditation, restorative, and stretches all came out while lying in the sticky heat under the puffy, fast moving clouds. So, I realize that my entries have diminished. I am working full time now, and life has taken a different path. I am challenging myself to waking at 5:30 each morning to practice mindful waking (sitting with coffee and slowly stretching) then either asana and definitely meditation. I also have to commit to a reasonable bedtime as well. No more 11:00 and after bedtime, I will intend to go to bed by 10 pm. 5:30 ain't bad if ya go to sleep at a reasonable hour. So...we shall see. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is often weak. I am a disciplined soul though, and have faith in myself that I too, can succumb to a challenge, even if it is posed by my self. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment