Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chaise Lounge Yoga


I am a firm believer that you can practice yoga anywhere, anytime. I sat in my chaise lounge, set the back to where I was semi-reclined, and placed my feet in baddha konasana, and breathed. As I focused my attention on my breath, I sank into my inner groins, released pain, tightness, through the keen observation of my breathing. After 10 minutes or so, I released the restorative pose, and watched the leaves rustle in the wind. I am always amazed by the wind.I love the sound, the feel, the power wind has. Really, it comes down to listening. How well do we listen, to ourselves, and to others? Are we in tune with the present moment, and all the beauty that is there awaiting us? Are we thinking ahead to the work week, our upcoming vacation, the things we want to accomplish? As I enter into a new reality of working 40 plus hours a week, I am faced with so many new and beautiful ways of living. There is before me an opportunity to serve the geriatric population with a smile and caring heart. My husband is taking on a new career path, and I get to be his biggest supporter. I also am grateful for the chance to learn a new way of living. If I allow myself to think of what I'd rather be doing, then I am missing out on what I am doing, right here, right now. So, that being said, I will commit to a daily meditation practice, and find a way to take a yoga class once a week, to help me remain present in my work. Looking into the deep green of the leaves, the deep blue of sky, the redness and complexity of the heart, I will do my best, to remain present, even in a chaise lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment